Sunday, May 2, 2010

Adios Lala...

Oh lala...why did you have to leave?


In case you didn't know, lala.com is leaving at the end of the month. I got the email offering the simple confirmation and reassuring me that my cloud music purchases would be protected (in various ways). While I didn't invest as heavily in the collection as my brother, I did have a few.

Pandora.com will remain a favorite of mine, offering customized "channels" of your favorite artists. Grooveshark.com is another, but not quite as limiting as Pandora. While I like being able to go to any song that is available (just like at home), I didn't like how The Beatles weren't available.

This is sad news in that Apple is looking at "protecting" it's investment, perhaps venturing into the realm of an on-line store (as opposed to having the separate app iTunes run). I don't blame them; I will simply miss the Google results for music that offers you the opportunity to listen to the song right off the search results page.

So go ahead and Google your favorite artist or song. Enjoy clicking on those results, becuase while Pandora may move in right now, lala's interface is quite nice and will be sorely missed.

For you lala, I dedicate this next song...





No comments:

Post a Comment